Nyagak III Hydro Power project is located along the Nyagak River, about 7 km to the north of Paidha town. The project is to be developed as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) by a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) (GenmaxNyagak Limited) formed between UEGCL and the procured Private Sector Partner, a consortium of Hydromax Limited and Dott Services Limited.
NyagakIII is one of the projects being supported under the programme “Efficient and Sustainable Energy Supply in Uganda” developed by the Government of Uganda (GOU) through the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development (MEMD) with the support of the German Government.
Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited
The project has got support from and through the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development (MoFPED), and the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development (MEMD).
• The Government of Uganda
• The Federal Republic of Germany through KfW Development
GOPA-International Energy Consultants GmbH (Lead Member, Germany) in association with ZolletIngegneria (Joint Venture Partner, Italy)
• Completed feasibility studies for the project which included the Environmental and Social Action Plan (ESIA), Livelihood Restoration Plan (LRP) and a Resettlement Action Plan (RAP).
• Valuation report approved by the Chief Government Valuer
• Completed initial tender designs for the project.
• Completed the acquisition of an “Owners’ Engineer”, GOPA International Energy Consultants, to assist UEGCL in the Completed acquisition of and implementation partner, a consortium of Hydromax International and Dott services limited.
• Ground breaking scheduled for December 2015
• Constructionto start in 2015