UEGCL Main Objective
Is the development, efficient operation and maintenance of Power plants and the sustainable generation and sale of affordable electricity to consumers.
- Increase hydropower installed capacity by 50% from 380 MW to 563 MW in three years;
- Grow revenues by an average of 45% per year;
- Improve the financial health from loss of 11 billion to a profit of 2 billion in three years;
- Optimize operations to generate more electricity during peak load hours;
- Improve investment and operational efficiency with the aim of achieving the lowest unit cost of generation in the region to support government initiatives of keeping tariff affordable and competitive;
- Implement a condition-based maintenance strategy that uses new technologies to monitor equipment and performance;
- Realise UEGCL’s accreditation to ISO Standards for QMS, Asset Management, Safety & Environment;
- Establish a Training Centre and Professional Services Unit for sustainable energy systems;
- Build local capacity for operation and maintenance of Karuma, Isimba, Muzizi, and Nyagak III Hydropower plants and support government initiatives of providing employment to the youth.
- Invest about USD 5million annually in refurbishing Naluubale and Kiira generating facilities.