Provide leadership and ensure efficient and effective management
- Provide continuous leadership, supervision, training and development of department staff ensuring an effective and motivated team;
- Liaise with the HR department in conducting performance appraisals and ensure competency and training gaps are addressed.
- Prepare and submit to the Company Secretary bi monthly progress reports on assignments handled by the Department.
- Supervise external and internal legal counsel, issue instructions and review legal opinions prepared by legal counsel to ensure quality.
- Manage external and internal legal resources i.e. law books, law reports, databases.
- Coordinate the preparation and implementation of the annual Legal Department staff leave roster;
- Participate in the preparation of the Departmental budget for review by the Company Secretary;
- Prepare annual procurement plans for review by the company Secretary, and monitor their implementation on quarterly basis.